Warranty Service Requests
All warranty service requests must be initiated by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. All suspected warranty claims must first be diagnosed by a THORNAUT certified repair shop or the manufacturer’s automotive brand dealership. The following information must be provided by the repair shop or dealership:
1. Diagnostic trouble codes for the Hybrid Control ECU
2. Diagnostic trouble codes for the Hybrid Battery ECU
3. Diagnostic trouble codes for the Engine Control ECU
THORNAUT requires that trouble codes (OBDII) must be obtained and communicated before a warranty service order will be issued. Only a copy of the reports showing the retrieved codes, the vehicle’s VIN , the date, and the name of the facility that retrieved the codes will be accepted. All DTC’s present must be reported. Failure to report codes can initiate additional fees as described below. Reported Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) will be verified by our technicians. If the codes reported do not match the codes we retrieve, the then customary Mobile or In Shop diagnosis fee will be assessed. Upon review of the repair shop/dealership diagnosis, and determination of a battery failure within the warranty period, THORNAUT will replace the failed battery in accordance with the warranty as shown on the original purchase invoice. THORNAUT will not reimburse for diagnostic expenses or towing associated with any warranty claims. No warranty replacements will be processed without a diagnosis, and diagnostic trouble codes from a repair shop or dealership. No exceptions.
To request a warranty service, THORNAUT requires that customer has the fault codes scanned prior to warranty appointment being scheduled.
Should our technician show up on a warranty service call and there are no fault codes for the hybrid battery, the customer will be assessed a $250 service call fee. Please have the car scanned in advance of scheduling this valuable warranty appointment.
THORNAUT warrants that, for the hybrid battery and period from the date of purchase and registration until the expiration of the policy term, as noted on the invoicing, the product is free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service. There is no limitation of mileage under this warranty policy. Warranty terms will not be restarted for ANY reason. As your exclusive remedy, THORNAUT will replace through the original point of purchase (e.g. the retailer or website from whom you originally purchased the product) any THORNAUT product that in THORNAUT’s reasonable determination does not comply with the foregoing warranty. Should you need to replace any THORNAUT parts covered under this limited warranty, please see the store of purchase with your used part and original sales receipt.
THORNAUT’s Prorated Limited Hybrid Battery Warranty, Waiver of Claims Non Fleet Vehicles
This product warranty does not apply to use in fleet or commercial vehicles and becomes null and void if the damage is caused by: misuse, abuse or accident; the attachment of any unauthorized accessory; alteration to the product; improper installation; exposure to fire, flooding, or harsh weather and/or chemicals; or lack of proper maintenance. This warranty also becomes null and void if the product is opened or any sticker is tampered with, broken, or missing, or if the damage is caused by any other condition that is beyond the control of THORNAUT.
IN ALL CASES, THORNAUT SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY TYPE OF INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES. ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, ARE EXCLUDED.
- Warranty is transferable with the purchase of an extended warranty and registration through thornaut.com within 30 days of the sale of the vehicle with battery intact, with a copy of the bill of sale for the vehicle. Only one (1) transfer is allowable per battery. A copy of the bill of sale including the new registered owner’s name must be provided to THORNAUT within the 30 day period. A $75.00 transfer fee may also apply. The battery may NOT be resold separate from the vehicle and maintain the warranty.
- Length of warranty to the next owner(s) is/are prorated based on the original purchase date. On each claim of warranty, THORNAUT reserves the right to replace customer’s current battery with a fully reconditioned equivalent battery. Warranty is valid throughout the state of repaired service, unless otherwise noted. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights based on state(s) of coverage, in this case being limited to coverage state of repaired service, unless otherwise noted.
- In every case, THORNAUT shall not be responsible for any type of damage to the hybrid battery. Any warranty outside of this written warranty (expressed or implied) is excluded from coverage.
- Warranty is NOT transferable to any other vehicle except where required by law. This means the warranty only applies to the purchased battery in the original vehicle. This warranty becomes null and void if you install the battery in a different vehicle other than the original vehicle registered at www.thornaut.com/register and as shown above.
- If battery is found to be defective in material, workmanship, or installation by THORNAUT during the warranty period, THORNAUT will issue a replacement in accordance with the guidelines of the prorated warranty based on the reported Diagnostic Trouble codes that relate to a HV or IMA Battery failure . This also includes the same installation service as originally provided by THORNAUT. Batteries that were shipped to a third party installers or directly to customers are not eligible for a free installation by THORNAUT and are not subject to reimbursement for labor charges.
- Warranty does not cover any commercial use of the product. If this product has been purchased for commercial vehicles use, please refer to the applicable Warranty coverage.
This warranty excludes failure due to:
- Improper installations except those done by THORNAUT or THORNAUT approved installers.
- Products stored for a period of thirty (30) days or more whether in the vehicle or out
- Physical damage caused after the delivery of the battery to the customer
- Damages or defects that may have been caused by shipping, if accepted at delivery and not documented with the carrier
- Removal, tampering, or damage to warranty labels applied by and registered with THORNAUT.
- Any modification or bypass of vehicle systems not in congruence with manufacturer specifications
- Reinstallation of the HV battery into a different vehicle
- Poor vehicle maintenance
- Vehicle conditions that may cause premature failure.
- Any condition beyond the control of THORNAUT.
- THORNAUT will not be held responsible for any diagnostic, towing, or installation by a third party charges
FAILURE TO RETURN ANY COMPLETE CORES WITHIN 45 DAYS WILL RESULT IN THE WARRANTY BEING VOIDED AND ANY CORE CHARGES COLLECTED WILL NOT BE REIMBURSED.
By accepting this product, you hereby waive and release any claim now or hereafter existing against THORNAUT, its affiliated companies, employees, officers, directors, agents and customers, on account of any and all claims, demands, suits, causes of action and all legal proceedings, whether civil or criminal, damages, losses, liabilities (including, but not limited to, strict liability in tort), obligations, penalties, judgments or fines and other sanctions, and any costs and expenses in connection therewith, including legal fees and expenses of whatever kind and nature, which may result from or arise out of injury to or death or loss or damage to property or the loss of use of any property which may result from or arise out of the possession, condition, use or operation or failure of this product.
This limited warranty represents the total liability of THORNAUT for any battery. All other warranties implied by state law applicable to the battery shall be limited to the warranty period stated on the sales receipt. THORNAUT makes no other warranties, expressed or implied, including the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.